As fall returns, so do our small groups! Most would love to have you join them for prayer, Bible study, and strengthening Christian friendship. Call or email Pastor Christopher
or to start your own.Sunday
- Disciple IV, 9-10:30am, led by Matt Merriman & Rebecca Wade
- This groups meets twice monthly in the office workroom to study the Disciple IV lesson plan. This year, we are studying the letters of Paul and walk side by side together in applying God's Word to our daily lives. You would most likely want to have completed the first two years of Disciple before jumping in.
- Adult Sunday School, 9:25am, led by Phil Weisbrod
- Want a Bible Study that focuses on applying the Bible to your life? Join us at the 9:25 Adult Sunday School that meets in the pastor's office. This is a come as you are study, no home work (but we do encourage Bible Reading). This past year we studied the Gospel of John – each class we read verses, discussed the meaning in today’s terms, and used individual and cultural application examples. This year we will discuss The Purpose Driven Life. Want to know more? Contact the church office or Phil Weisbrod.
- Disciple III, 7:15-9pm, led by Julie Lawson
- Disciple III is a group of adult men and women of all ages who have completed the Disciple I course and are continuing on for a deeper study of God's Word. The letters of Paul will be studied in this weekly class featuring a video and discussion.
- Journey of Faith, 7:15pm, Sue Schillings
- This small group completed the Disciple Bible Study series and decided that we would like to keep getting together to further study God's word. We choose bible study subjects as a group and also share leadership of each study.
- Men’s Tuesday Morning Devotional, 6:30am, led by Andrew Kinnen - Meets at Goldie's
- Small group men's meeting that encourages daily devotional activities, accountability and fellowship. Location and time chosen to appeal to daily commuters going downtown or to the east side. Short bible verse, reading from Today in the Word, discussion & optional breakfast. Be on your way to work by 6:30 if you must or relax a little and be back on the road by 7am well fed. Great mid week opportunity to practice being a 7 day a week Christian.
- Crosstalks, Tuesdays, 10am, led by Sandy Kepke (women’s study)
- This fun group of ladies loves to laugh as they study the Bible and grow in faith together. We meet in room 24.
- Beyond Disciple, 10:00-11:30am, led by Dianne Powell - Journey Through the Bible (Acts)
- The group does a prepared bible study from various sources following its basic outline. Group discussion is encouraged and sometimes it takes us away from the basic outline.
- Companions in Christ, Wednesdays, 9:30-11am, led by Randy Border - Journey Through the Bible
- This is a 13 session Bible Study beginning with Colossians and continuing through Jude. We are a diverse group who like to discuss the word. Preparation for each session contains light reading and suggested scriptures.
- Disciple I, 7-9:30pm, led by Rev. Ron Mowry
- This intensive course is for those who are serious about wanting to expand their biblical knowledge and understanding, deepen their faith and fellowship, and grow as an all-the-time Christian. Registration is closed for this year.
- Disciple II, 7:30-9:00pm, led by Joyce Gruss
- Disciple II, Into the Word Into the World approaches all experiences of life as opportunities for faithful witness and service. Prerequisite: Completion of Disciple I.
- SASS (Short Attention Span Study), 7-8:30pm, led by Chris & Brian Sheetz
- Don't think you have time for a study group? Try this one! We prefer short-term studies that don’t require too much homework. Studies tend toward the application of our faith to our daily lives. Watch for announcements of our topics because we switch it up a lot. Can't meet regularly? That's OK, join us when you can!
- Family Fellowship, 7:30pm, led by Phil Weisbrod - 2x monthly @ the Weisbrod residence
- Family, Friends, Fellowship, and Food is what you get. We meet every other Friday beginning in September. This is a variety study where at times we get deep into scripture, some times we get off on tangents about particular topics, the goal is to open our hearts and mind to Gods word and help apply it to our lives. Want to know more? Contact the church office or Phil Weisbrod.
- September 7, 2012
- September 21, 2012
- October 5, 2012
- October 19, 2012
- November 2, 2012
- November 16, 2012
- November 30, 2012
- December 14, 2012
- December 28, 2012
- Friday Fellowship, 11:30am, led by Betty Smith
- Retired folks who enjoy each others’ company gather certain Fridays throughout the year and for annual events such as the steak roast in the park. This seniors’ group often meets away from the church.
All groups meet at the church unless otherwise indicated. Contact Pastor Christopher for more information or to join: ChristopherL@StrongsvilleUMC.org